Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why killing elephants is another Reason to drop Godaddy

I've had "Drop GoDaddy" on my 'to-do' list for quite some time. Too many problems, too many system setups that defy human logic (& I'm quite proficient at this stuff!), a dashboard that's nuclear-scientist-friendly...

Now I'll add to that Bob Parsons (GoDaddy's founder) bragging about his happy times in Zimbabwe killing animals and (in my opinion) making fun of the local populace.

In the video (it's a little graphic since it shows a dead elephant so watch it only if you want to here) Mr. Godaddy says his finest day was spent killing an evil elephant (evil because it destroyed the people's harvest). A further montage shows locals pouring over the carcass for meat; the rock music soundtrack gives me an impression of poking fun at a bunch of people who are gathering food. Bad taste, methinks...

Eco-friendly Twitterer Oreeko, raises an interesting question in their latest tweet:
"Killing elephants to save humans? Which is right or wrong?"
My viewpoint is simple: if the locals take an elephant down because it's destroying their crops and they use it for food, it's their business. Not some fat millionaire's killing-spree adventure made for the fun of it.

Also, even if this killing were necessary to preserve crops and therefore human life, boasting & bragging about it is what is truly wrong. Nothing quite like giving people ideas on how fun it is to kill an animal.

I'm switching tomorrow at the latest. I don't care if my site goes down in the process for a few days. A bragging killer doesn't deserve my business.

And don't get me wrong - I love animals but I'm not a fanatic animal extremist. I just hate people who brag about improper actions they take. What do you think?

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mike said...

I just gladly dropped GoDaddy in the last few days. I moved 6 domains over to Namecheap. I hate Bob Parson...I hated him before he killed an elephant, but that just iced it for me.

I hope many people follow your lead.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Christian Calcatelli said...

Nice one Mike!
I was looking into Hostgator. Great service &... simple! :)

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home